Chilly fall nights are always better with a little soup. This classic Minestrone Soup will warm even the pickiest of eaters.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
● 2 tablespoons olive oil
● 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
● 2 medium carrots, chopped
● 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
● 1 teaspoon kosher salt
● 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
● 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
● 6 cups vegetable broth
● 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
● 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans
● 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans
● 1/2 cup uncooked mini shell pasta
● 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery, salt,
pepper and oregano and sauté for 10 minutes, or until vegetables have begun to soften.
- Add vegetable broth, tomatoes, kidney beans and cannellini beans. Bring to a boil and
reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered. Add pasta and continue
to cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in chopped parsley and season with more salt and pepper, to taste.